Denise Hogan is a graduate of GMIT in print and paint, specialising in monoprints, aquatints and paintings. She has exhibited extensively and has works in many private and corporate collections both national and international.. Denise is a full-time artist and teacher of art since her graduation in 1998.
“It has been said that artists paint because they have to. It’s simply the way of it. I paint what I feel, what I need to say. Each painting is a journey where the ego must be set aside. From the purity of the inks on my plates to the tracks and mingling on canvas, at each stroke, at every stain, we set our pigments free. Sometimes good art is just listening to them speak…”
Selected group and joint exhibitions include:
- 2012 WINNER Best Painting – Millcove Awards Exhibition, Co. Cork
- ‘Impressions’, Galway Arts Centre
- Lemon Street Print Gallery (Dublin)
- ‘Iontas’, Sligo Yeats Memorial Gallery
- RHA group show, ‘Artists against Racism’
Selected Corporate Fine Art Commissions:
- DARTFIELD HORSE MUSEUM, Loughrea, Co. Galway – Museum Installation Art works – Wood, plaster, paint – Life-size horses, riders and hounds.
- SAP GALWAY – Installation Sculpture – (Wood, Steel and Glass) Currently situated in the main atrium of the award winning building.
- APC BALLYBANE – Large scale Oil Paintings currently hanging in APC reception.
- PARK HOUSE HOTEL & RESTAURANT – Large scale Oil Paintings